Lynskey Helix Titanium Bicycle, 56cm, 2020.
Is this Lynskey Helix Titanium bicycle a piece of fantastic sculpture or a work of art? It's both, but it's also a badass bike—quick, comfy, and yes, attractive. In February 2020, my titanium bike was painstakingly and meticulously handcrafted in Chattanooga, and I received it in March 2020. The innovative "helix twist" (hence the name Helix) on the top tube, down tube, and seat stays gives the bike extra stiffness and responsiveness not normally found in titanium bikes. It comes with an Ultegra 8000 groupset, Ultegra cranks, and Enve 4.5 wheels with Chris King hubs that make the renowned "angry bees" sound when you ride.
I'll also throw in the following freebies:
• A Wahoo Elemnt Bolt bike GPS computer with handlebar attachment ($219 new) that works wonderfully.
• There are 6 left in the package. Tubes with the required 80mm stems ($8 apiece) are available.
• 1 is still sealed in the box ($8) Continental tubing with 80mm stems
• Ultegra Stages Power meter on the left crank ($323 new)
- I'm not sure if the crank will work with the newer drive wheel, but it's free.
• Blue Lizard Skin Saddlebag with spare tube, CO2 cartridge with valve adapter, and tire levers
• Bottle cages from Lezyne
• 1 Gatorskin tire that has been gently worn